Who are we?
The Weekly Bookmark LLC is a Delaware Corporation. Its business is the review and recommendation of novels through promotional communications.
Our data protection officer can be contacted directly here at email@example.com
The personal data we would collect from you is as follows:
Your email address and first name. This information is/was collected from you at the time in which you signed up for our promotional emails.
Your country of location, operating system, and links that you click on. This information is automatically gathered each time that you open an email from us.
You can be warned every time a cookie is shared, or turn off cookies through your browser settings.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send you promotional communications. These include book recommendations, company surveys, and giveaway notifications
- Send you administrative communications. These include unsubscribe notifications, company changes, and technical notices.
In accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Links to External Sites
Our website and promotional communications may contain links to other sites. Please note that these external sites are not operated by us. We strongly advise you to review the individual Privacy Policies of these websites. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for their content, policies, or practices.
We take care and diligent in protecting your personal information using commercially acceptable means. Please know that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for The Weekly Bookmark LLC to process personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to be deleted from our database. You may also opt-out of promotional email communications by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link, found at the bottom of every email.
The Weekly Bookmark LLC will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
We may release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
In addition, non-identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for business purposes, including marketing.
We allow third-party behavioral tracking, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Facebook, and Mailerlite.
The Weekly Bookmark LLC will process and store personal data for the length of time that a business relationship is established.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
In accordance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 15 years old. Third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins may collect PII from children under 15.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In accordance with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following action if a data breach occurs:
- We will contact all users via email with an explanation of the data breach and its implications.
- We will also notify site users with an on-site pop-up.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by The Weekly Bookmark LLC, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and The Weekly Bookmark LLC’s data protection representatives, by emailing email@example.com.